Today I brought on Curtis Stone, a.k.a. The Urban Farmer, and we had an interesting discussion about his online courses and much, much more. Curtis honed in on some topics he’s clearly passionate about, while providing a fascinating look at what has worked for his business over the years.
Write the content and hit “go”.
I know I learned a lot from Curtis today, so I hope you enjoy listening in!
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (5:15) Curtis’s two current courses, and what he’s planning for later this year and beyond
- (6:58) What got Curtis into the world of online courses
- (7:27) How writing a book compares to creating a course, and the format that Curtis finds works best for his personality and vision
- (9:30) Curtis’s pricing strategy for the content he offers
- (10:32) How his books have value as a part of his sales funnel
- (12:18) The main social platform he uses to move people along his funnel
- (12:57) Curtis’s marketing motto
- (14:09) The evolution of his marketing style, and the way he tailors his approach to his niche and passions
- (17:08) Why he feels online courses can be a more effective means of sharing knowledge than traditional academics in some cases
- (18:15) Challenges Curtis has faced with piracy and dishonest business practices over the years, and how he’s chosen to respond
- (21:26) The way he plans on structuring his course offerings in the future based on both evergreen and interactive content
- (22:16) How Curtis and his business partner divide up their roles and responsibilities
- (23:22) His take on how new course creators can benefit from partnerships – with some caveats
- (26:48) Advice for new YouTube creators looking to build an audience for their online course
- (29:45) The nine streams of income Curtis has developed around his content, and how he’s built his offerings from publishing and online content only into selling related products at several physical locations
- (34:50) What working from home looks like for Curtis, and how he manages his schedule and goals
- (36:36) The fascinating and detailed way he determined pricing for his course
- (41:30) Curtis’s top advice for aspiring course creators
We covered a lot of ground today, so I hope you’ll drop me a line and let me know your favorite part of the conversation! I’ll be back next week with yet another interview and more great tips for you as a course creator.
Bonjoro Free Trial: https://www.bonjoro.com/jacques
ClickFunnels Free Trial: https://theonlinecourseguy.com/clickfunnels
Curtis’s Website: http://theurbanfarmer.co/
Piano in 21 Days: https://pianoin21days.com/
The Online Course Guy: https://theonlinecourseguy.com/