I’m back, and I’m glad you’re here to join me for another podcast episode. This time around I had the pleasure of speaking with Rod Howell about his tap dancing course, which he began all the way back in 2005!
You need to start posting on YouTube, because if you make really good content, people will find you.
There have been many lessons Rod’s learned and experience he’s gained over the years, so sit back and enjoy hearing what he shared during our conversation.
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (5:42) What sparked Rod’s initial interest in creating a course, and how his business has evolved over time
- (8:09) His current email marketing strategy and what he plans on tweaking for the future
- (12:14) Rod’s recommendations for new course creators on how to effectively get started on YouTube
- (15:00) The other strategies and platforms Rod uses for marketing and traffic-building
- (17:00) How the different pieces of his business fit together, and where he generates most of his revenue
- (18:15) Rod’s approach to maximizing revenue through product bundling strategies
- (19:40) His top advice for course creators who are just starting out and need to increase their sales
- (22:34) The biggest struggle Rod is working through these days with his course, and why he’s persevering despite the challenges
- (23:48) The number one thing Rod would do differently if he was starting out today
- (25:35) How his work-life balance has evolved over the years while working from home
- (27:33) Some closing advice for anyone who wants to make a course and isn’t sure where to start
That’s all for today, but I’ll be back soon with more cool tips and great insights from another fellow course creator – don’t forget to subscribe!
Bonjoro Free Trial: https://www.bonjoro.com/jacques
ClickFunnels Free Trial: https://theonlinecourseguy.com/clickfunnels
Rod’s Website: https://unitedtaps.com/
Piano in 21 Days: https://pianoin21days.com/
The Online Course Guy: https://theonlinecourseguy.com/