Welcome back! Today I’ve brought on Susan Poizner to talk about the story behind her course on growing fruit trees. I have had some fruit tree disasters over the years, so I know firsthand why the information she’s offering has value.
You have to start by teaching others.
One thing I love about doing these interviews is hearing how people from all walks of life are turning their passions and hobbies into real businesses – no two stories are alike! It was great to hear how Susan developed her an online course, and how she’s achieved success even without a previous background in online marketing or teaching horticulture. I hope you enjoy listening in!
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (6:05) What led Susan from a background in filmmaking and journalism into teaching people how to grow and care for fruit trees
- (7:40) How she went from teaching in-person, to writing a book, to creating online courses (and why she feels the online format lends itself very well to teaching in her niche)
- (8:52) What Susan would do differently if she was just starting out today, and the learning management system she swears by after much trial and error
- (12:51) Where Susan recommends new course creators start their process
- (14:45) The types of expansion she envisions for her course offerings in the future
- (15:40) The role she feels her filmmaking background has played in developing her actual course content – and what she recommends for those of us who aren’t cinematographers
- (16:36) Why Susan feels her content stands out and is gaining traffic momentum, even without concentrated SEO strategies in place
- (20:37) The benefits she’s seeing from using paid Facebook ads
- (21:16) The biggest challenges Susan is currently facing as she seeks to expand her business
- (23:12) Her top tips for aspiring course creators
That’s all for now, folks! Have a great weekend, and see you on Monday for the next episode of The Online Course Guy.
Bonjoro Free Trial: https://www.bonjoro.com/jacques
ClickFunnels Free Trial: https://theonlinecourseguy.com/clickfunnels
Susan’s Website: https://orchardpeople.com/
Sensei for WordPress: https://seesensei.com/
Piano in 21 Days: https://pianoin21days.com/
The Online Course Guy: https://theonlinecourseguy.com/