Happy Monday! My guest today doesn’t only have an online course – she’s built an entire online academy with a wide range of courses by her and other collaborators, all about writing and illustrating children’s books. Speaking with Dr. Mira Reisberg and hearing her journey into this world of teaching online was a pleasure.
If you’re starting out, learn from others. Take courses yourself, see how they do it.
-Dr. Mira Reisberg
This episode provided a great look at how and why Dr. Mira has grown her passion and skill set into a successful business. I found her story and her emphasis on community-building very inspiring, and I hope you do too!
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (3:41) The story behind how Dr. Mira’s online courses came to be
- (5:12) What leaving behind academia to start her online academy looked like, and the team that she’s grown over the years to help her community and business thrive
- (7:25) The cool mindset she uses to overcome the challenges of learning new tech, and some transitions she is currently making on the backend of her courses
- (11:04) What blogging looks like for the community she’s created around her business
- (11:33) How Dr. Mira delegates some of her workload to her team
- (13:08) Why she’s created such a large number of resources in her niche, and what she’s currently working on in terms of new content
- (15:51) Her goals for creating more balance between her business efforts and creative time for working on new books of her own
- (16:45) The sales structure she is currently using, and why it works for the type of oversight and interaction she has with each new course enrollee
- (18:04) Her awesome sales traffic, and some thoughts on what the high volume of interest in her academy stems from
- (22:40) How Dr. Mira reaches out to prospective students, and the personal touches she gives to her teaching that really sets her courses apart
- (25:03) Why she’s found online teaching to be the best fit for her teaching style and personality
- (28:25) The great advice Dr. Mira gives for people who are just starting out with their own online course
We discuss all that and much more, so don’t forget to drop me a line and let me know what you enjoyed about today’s episode! I’ll be back in a couple days with even more great content about online course development – see you then!
Bonjoro Free Trial: https://www.bonjoro.com/jacques
ClickFunnels Free Trial: https://theonlinecourseguy.com/clickfunnels
Dr. Mira Reisberg’s Website: www.childrensbookacademy.com/
Piano in 21 Days: https://pianoin21days.com/
The Online Course Guy: https://theonlinecourseguy.com/