Welcome to another TOCG episode! Today I’m here with me, myself, and I, because I wanted to take some time to walk you through a topic that comes up a lot when I coach new course creators. That topic is traffic: why you absolutely need to find ways to drive traffic to your course and how to make that happen.
There are three main paths to build traffic that I’m covering in this episode, and as you listen through I want to you to choose just one to start with – and make sure you listen all the way to the end for a traffic-driving secret that works great for me and can make a huge difference for your online course, too!
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (2:31) YouTube as a traffic source for my piano course and many other courses
- (3:23) Podcasting for building traffic (and how this has been working for me for my second course)
- (4:09) Why different media types are more suited to different types of content
- (4:27) Choosing at least one traffic-building strategy for you new course
- (4:44) A few simple tips for blog-driven traffic and how this has worked even for me as a non-blogger
- (6:05) Putting out quality YouTube content in 2018
- (7:07) A commonly-overlooked key to creating good YouTube videos
- (8:11) What your main concern should be if you want your YouTube channel to stand out
- (10:15) Two other extremely important keys to catching viewers’ eyes and converting them into clicks
- (13:56) Podcasting to direct traffic towards your sales funnel
- (15:07) The resource I recommend you check out to learn how to podcast
- (16:16) Blogging to build authority in the minds of your potential customers
- (16:56) How people usually find my courses
- (17:39) Why creating my first course was a real eye-opener about how traffic-building strategy really works
- (19:30) My #1 piece of advice for course creators when it comes to generating traffic
That about does it for today’s solo episode! Which traffic-building strategy appeals to you the most? Please drop me a line and let me know – I’d love to hear from you! And don’t forget to tune in for another episode of TOCG coming up soon.