I’m back with another episode of The Online Course Guy podcast! It was such a pleasure to chat with Kate Bee of The Sober School, and we got to cover some of my favorite topics on building an online course business.
Just doing it is probably the best thing, because you aren’t going to figure anything out just by thinking about it.– Kate Bee
I really enjoyed speaking with Kate about what course creation and running an online business looks like for her. I hope you like what you hear!
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (3:35) How Kate got into the world of online courses
- (7:01) Her initial course creation process – and what motivated her to make it happen
- (10:08) How she found her startup funds
- (11:06) Building her course content
- (12:30) Kate’s course launch strategy
- (13:58) Creating community and providing support to students
- (14:52) How her Facebook group for students provides added value
- (15:23) What it’s like to run Kate’s course
- (16:02) Her enrollment numbers and pricing structure
- (17:20) Thoughts on successful course launches and strategy
- (23:04) The challenges and benefits of webinar launches
- (27:34) Kate’s favorite course platform
- (29:22) How she’s built traffic and grown her email list
- (34:25) Running a course business without a team
- (36:00) Her advice for aspiring course creators
That’s all for today, but I’ll be back next week with more cool tips and great insights from fellow course creators. So if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe!