087: How to Build an Online Course in 7 Days with Matt Giovanisci
Well folks, we are on the other side of the new year and I’m back with another podcast episode for you! This time around, Matt Giovanisci of Money Lab joined me to share his course creation process and more. His take on certain topics is a bit out of the box, and it was really cool to have the chance to chat with him.
Find your wheelhouse and know the material inside and out. Don’t script everything to a T, use bullet points, and be authentic.
Not everyone’s course creation process is the same, but many of Matt’s tips could be great food for thought if you’re just getting started on your own online course journey. Enjoy listening in!
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (2:07) How Matt got into the world of online courses
- (3:27) Matt’s business experiments
- (6:37) Transitioning into entrepreneurship after other jobs
- (7:46) How he created his first course in 6 days
- (10:03) Why most people take much longer when creating their own first courses
- (11:02) How Matt make sales with no SEO and little traffic
- (12:20) Matt’s other courses and pricing strategy
- (15:36) His advice for people who want to create their own course quickly
- (20:15) Thoughts on how to balance time between different ventures
- (22:14) Why Matt has downsized his team
- (24:10) His “anti-teaching” approach
- (28:18) Matt’s advice for people who know what they want to teach but haven’t created a course yet
That’s all for today, but I’ll be back soon with more cool tips and great insights from fellow course creators. Happy New Year, and don’t forget to subscribe!