Welcome back to my latest episode! I’m getting into the swing of things with more interviews with real online course creators – people who’ve actually managed to take their passion or hobby and turn it into a tangible learning program for others.
My guest this time was Trevor Dimoff of EpicSongWriting.com. He’s relatively new to the online course world, but he’s hit on a really cool method of identifying what his market needs and how to create relationships with potential students.
Talk to people and find out what they think… [you] need to know how to communicate with someone who is just getting started.
I loved hearing Trevor’s story, because it puts a fresh spin what course creation and marketing can look like. He also was transparent about what he feels his early mistakes are, and what he’s learned from them. I think you’re really going to enjoy the food for thought in our conversation. 😉
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (3:25) My previous episode on making sales over the phone
- (3:58) Trevor’s process creating and updating his course
- (5:32) Why he started a blog before an online course
- (5:58) The research and phone call process that gave him insight into his market
- (9:02) Trevor’s approach to teaching songwriting online
- (9:46) What makes his course preparation different from a lot of other course creators – and how it made his launch a success
- (11:47) Marketing and course development
- (13:15) Trevor’s pricing strategy and content delivery
- (14:19) A mistake involving complexity
- (15:09) The timeline for Trevor’s initial course
- (16:40) His new launch strategy and some regrets
- (19:04) Why he’s hesitant to outsource so far
- (19:26) Trevor’s advice for aspiring course creators
That’s all for today, but I’ll be back soon with more cool tips and great insights from fellow course creators – don’t forget to subscribe!