Recently, I had the chance to talk with Louise Dean about the story behind her successful novel-writing course and how her passion has become her business. Louise had a fascinating start to her online course journey, and shared some great tips and tools that could be useful no matter what your niche is.
Proceed with glee! . . . Keep it really personal, really friendly, really truthful and honest.
I’d love to hear what you found most interesting about this interview – feel free to drop me a line and let me know.
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (4:04) The social experiment that eventually prompted Louise to create her first online course
- (6:17) How Louise found a group of people willing to take her novel-writing challenge
- (7:20) Why she sets a time limit for the structure of her course
- (9:01) How her original course compares to her current course iterations
- (10:01) How Louise has set up her course content
- (10:37) Why she provides additional courses beyond her 90-day offering
- (13:38) Louise’s challenge to me – this one took me by surprise!
- (14:14) How many students she’s had to date and how she continues to find more
- (15:40) The built-in review-gathering process in her course
- (16:11) Louise’s favorite tools and services
- (18:31) Scheduling and marketing on Instagram
- (19.39) How Louise stays on top of things without a traditional team in place
- (20:37) Her advice for new or struggling course creators
Thanks for listening and learning along with me today. Stay tuned for another great episode coming soon!