If you’ve been listening to this podcast for a while, you might have noticed that many of my recent guests mention Thinkific as their course platform of choice. I’ve been curious about this platform for a while, so today’s interview is with Rob Balasabas of Thinkific.com. Having him on the show with me was a great opportunity to hear about one of the many options we course creators have and why this platform might be right for you.*
“There are a ton of . . . groups that don’t have an offering. Go to all those places that have people congregating around these different topics and ask them what their pain points are.”
Rob delved into what Thinkific has to offer course creators, and how to make the most of what this platform provides. I enjoyed our conversation and I think you will too!
*Just for the record, this episode was not sponsored by Thinkific in any way.
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (3:23) Some of the most random online course topics Rob’s encountered
- (4:29) What Rob does and how he came to work at Thinkific
- (5:58) Building strong communities online
- (8:25) Thinkific’s origin story
- (11:30) What Rob sees as the biggest hurdles for online course creators
- (13:22) Finding a balance between UX and marketing
- (15:42) Why choose Thinkific?
- (18:48) A funny connection I made with someone from a well-known company
- (19:47) Rob’s personal experience with course building and what he’s working on now
- (21:28) How Rob is validating his course concept
- (26:22) His advice for beginning and struggling course creators
- (28:41) What about course creators who are doing okay but want to level up their sales?
- (31:34) A parting pitch
That wraps it up for today, but don’t forget to subscribe so you can keep up with all the latest episodes. That’s all for now, folks!