People all over the world are succeeding with online courses on a variety of topics, and today’s guest is a perfect example of that! Alison Ellis teaches “floral math” to florists worldwide, and it was great to have her on the show today and hear about her online course journey.
You don’t have an excuse to not do this… If you don’t put out your crappy version, you’ll never get your good version.
It was awesome to chat with Alison and hear her open up about the why and how of her online course business. Her take on teaching online is inspirational and I think you’re going to love listening in to our conversation!
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (1:47) How Alison got into making online courses
- (4:10) Going from idea to actually creating a course
- (9:32) Did Alison start making sales right away?
- (11:16) An early realization she had that led to her development of new courses
- (13:44) Why Alison started with “flower math”
- (14:58) Her thoughts on figuring out sales and scarcity
- (18:39) Some of the benefits of creating an online course
- (21:14) What to do when customers fail to complete a payment
- (26:44) How having an online course enables to be flexible with her florist business
- (28:01) Where Alison’s traffic comes from
- (29:15) Does Alison have favorite tools or software?
- (31:18) How simple solutions can be game-changers for students
- (34:08) What Alison would tell herself if she was just getting started with online courses now
- (35:31) How her online course business affects her and her family
That’s all for now, folks! See you on the next episode of The Online Course Show.