Lately I’ve been hearing a lot of buzz around new community-building platforms, and rightfully so. Community is so important to almost every aspect of life and that includes the online course world! As my business grows, my perspective on community has definitely evolved, and that’s why I found it so interesting to speak with guest Gina Bianchini on today’s episode. As founder of Mighty Networks, Gina is clearly passionate about this topic and had some great tips to share.
“When I started with a community… everything changed.”
– Gina Bianchini
No matter what stage you are in on your online course journey, considering how you build your community is time well-spent. What platforms seem like a good fit for your audience? What makes sense for your niche? I’d love to hear what has worked for you.
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (0:53) An update on sales and ads from David
- (3:49) Recent upgrades I’m very excited about
- (8:56) Content repurposing on the podcast
- (13:40) “Celebrity sighting” stories
- (17:30) Thinking about online communities and context for today’s show
- (21:52) Introducing Gina and her thoughts on learning in community
- (30:10) My early motivations versus what makes me excited as an online course creator now
- (35:59) Is it important to have your community and your course content all in the same place?
- (42:31) Resistance to new platforms
- (47:41) Can you keep old platforms while transitioning to new ones?
- (50:37) Apps and accessibility
- (56:18) New possibilities: what’s working and what probably won’t
- (1:06:28) Tips for new and aspiring course creators on where to start
- (1:14:56) Our thoughts on the ideas Gina shared
- (1:25:44) Would I charge my students for community participation?
- (1:30:39) Cool offers for my listeners
That’s all for now, folks! See you on the next episode of The Online Course Guy.