On today’s episode, I’m chatting with online course creator and fellow podcaster Lauren Wrighton. Lauren is an excellent example of doing one thing and doing it well. Her simple approach to her niche, her funnel, and her course make for a super-streamlined process. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!
“Talk to the real people. Listen to what they’re actually saying. Listen to the words that they’re using. Because when you use their words back at them, they’re like, ‘He or she gets me. They’re listening to what my real concerns are.’”
– Lauren Wrighton
In This Episode, We Talked About:
- (1:10) Val’s piano progress
- (5:18) An update on our current and future projects
- (6:24) Dr. K’s crazy Lyme Disease story
- (13:00) Introducing Lauren Wrighton
- (14:20) Who does Lauren help?
- (16:02) So, what is a Podcast Manager and what do they do?
- (19:53) Audio editing software
- (22:58) How do people enter Lauren’s world?
- (24:45) Lauren’s webinar
- (29:20) The goal of the funnel
- (32:50) Marketing after the deadline
- (35:35) Who did Lauren learn from?
- (37:03) So, what’s inside the course?
- (39:00) How the course came to be
- (42:30) Lauren shares a cool impact story
- (44:04) Overcoming roadblocks
- (45:02) The day-to-day
- (48:47) What would Lauren do differently?
- (49:45) Lauren’s advice
- (51:55) Dr. K’s takeaways and BTBD (Break The Bachelor’s Degree)
- (54:45 ) Who should have a podcast?
- (1:00:00) How we get guests for The Online Course Show
- (1:05:15) Dr. K. finds a great opportunity for a prank
- (1:08:50) Overcoming the fear of overwhelming your customer’s inbox
- (1:16:56) Wrapping Up
That’s all for now, folks! See you on the next episode of The Online Course Show.
Offers and Tools:
Resources and Recommendations:
- Patient Zero Podcast
- David’s Lyme Disease Video
- Parrot Padcaster
- Abbey Ashley’s Episode
- Gina Horkey’s Episode
- Deadline Funnel
- Haley Burkhead
- Jonathan Mendonsa’s Talent Stacker
- Lindsay Marsh’s Graphic Design Course
- Graham Cochrane Podcast